Dan Mall @danielmall talked about turning traditional agency working process (swimlane modal IA > Design > Dev) to be more agile, and moving to modern web design process.
- instead of having the swimlanes run in their own silo, overlapping them
- Bringing everyone to the table from start to end
- Tapering the level of engagement for each team.
- Repeat (getting into the habit of iteration.)
Dan Mall's design process. Having a wide designer/developer network; Assemble teams based on project needs.
- Plan: Research. Hypothesize.
- Content Inventory (site audit)
- Performance budget
- UI pattern inventory (Ref: Pattern Lab)
- Visual Inventory. Color, typography, grid, iconography....
- Design sketch: wireframes, gray boxes, elements ( - what does page turning look like? small elements?)
- Developer sketch: sketch on Codepen. Prototyping. Solve one small problem at a time.
- Assemble: When you have done all the previous steps well, putting together everything is way more easier and faster.